Victoria > East Inland
|S, SE, SSW
|1,200'/365m agl, 1,850'/565m asl
|HG only - Intermediate
Near Myrtleford. To find launch ring Gabriel or contact Alpine Paragliding or Bright Backpackers for instructions. Vicroads Map 35 C8.
Landowners - ?
ContactMHGC , Alpine Paragliding (0407 573 879, 03 5755 1753), Bright Backpackers , Gabriel Toniolo (0407544511)
Large inland ridge. Hang gliding only.
Eagle Rise launch has been re-opened with limited access, thanks to the generosity of the new land-owners. This is largely a reinstatement of previous access, with different access road requirements.
- The site is restricted to Intermediate & Advanced HG pilots and Student PG pilots with Bright schools only. Other PG pilots must not use this launch.
- HG pilots must provide advance warning of intended use to Gabriel Toniolo (NEVHGC SSO-HG 0407 544 511) who will text the land-owners.
- The schools will text the land-owners directly to advise of intended use.
- Access shall only be via Zig Zag Lane (North) from Diffey Road. This is a 4WD track unsuitable for 2WD or low-chassis AWD. There is a gate onto the property on the right near the top of the lane. This opens onto another track from which it is about 200m to launch.
- The main access drive (named Eagle Rise on the site guide map) which is shared with their neighbours must NOT be used.
- Gates are to be left as found.
- No litter is to be left.
The new owners are intending to build a house on the launch towards the end of 2019. They are open to the possibility of clearing a new launch if they are satisfied with pilots adhering to the above arrangements. Any deviation from these conditions will likely end up in revoked access, so please do your best to keep the site open for the future.
Open grassy ground ramp, suitable for hang gliders and paragliders but closed for paragliding (except school use) due to the sensitive nature of the new LZ's used by the paraglider pilots.
The paddock directly in front is sensitive and landing there could result in the site being closed. The original Pines landing paddocks are still to be used. They are to the right of launch (west) across Zig Zag Road, with the dam and windsock. Land parallel to the road but to the west (i.e. to the right) of the dam. Ensure you land there or well away from the immediate bombout options in front and to the immediate east. Observe usual gate etiquette and don't drive into paddock. Drive slowly on dirt road to minimise dust when passing houses. Before going XC, please check the map for allowed and forbidden landing paddocks in the area. Bombout elevation is 800-900'/250-270m asl.
Controlled airspace exists over launch C LL 4500. You must check current Albury VTC or Melbourne VNC for any changes.