New South Wales > Far North Coast
|Inland Ridge - Thermic Flying and Coastal Winds.
|160m or ~500ft asl
|PG4 - PG Only
- Private Property - All pilots must be inducted and 'check-in' prior to entry. No Parking at Launch. Navigate Map
Private Property - The owners live on site. The site is a working Diary Farm. DO NOT ENTER WITHOUT 'CHECKING-IN'.
Contact/ResponsibleNorthern Rivers Hang Gliding and Paragliding Club NSW 2486 Australia
This site is a working dairy farm with STRICT Bio-Security procedures in place due to the Foot and Mouth Disease. Please do not enter the property until you have been inducted. The Owners live on-site.
1.All pilots MUST be a registered member of the NRGHPGC and have completed a Site Induction.
2. Site Check-In prior to entering the site is mandatory.
3. Visiting pilots MUST be accompanied by local or frequent NRHGPGC member.
4. Hang Gliding is NOT permitted at this site.
5. All pilots MUST carry a UHF radio - Ch. 20 Tone Squelch 97.4.
6. Important - At the conclusion of flying the last person to leave the site MUST check the top and bottom gate and post on the Flying Updates group that both gates are secure. If any gate is left unsecured the landowner will remove access.
7. Prior to flying the neighbour MUST be called and advised that flying is commencing, and that 'call made' post must be posted on the Telegram Flying Updates Group.
8. No cars are to be parked at launch. Please park in the designated parking area. (See map)
9. Due to the proximity of the Ballina Broadcast Area any XC south requires a flight plan and the carriage and use of VHF.
10. PG2 may only fly under the on-site supervision of a CFI / Senior Safety Officer (SSO) / or Safety Officer (SO) ONLY after the conditions considered by the supervising pilot have been assessed and deemed to be suitable for that pilot.
11. PG3 may only fly under the on-site supervision of a CFI / Senior Safety Officer (SSO) / Safety Officer (SO).
12. Due to the serious consequences for Non-Compliance at this site pilots are expected to uphold a zero-tolerance standard for rule violations. Any failure to comply with NRHGPGC rules & code of conduct will result in consequences, including possible suspension from the Club.
Hazards / Comments
Due to the complexities and restrictions of this site please DO NOT fly here until you have been inducted. The induction will be recorded on your membership profile. The induction will give you all the information you need to fly Possums safely and in accordance with the restrictions imposed on the NRHGPGC.